As I was renewing my business license, it was unbelievable that it had been a year since I had applied for the original one. It would be several more months of hard work, blood, sweat & tears before we would officially launch and I would become a chandler (that’s a fancy way to say candle maker) and business owner. It has been a wonderful ride so far, and I wanted to share just a few little tidbits I’ve learned along the way.
1. I love every aspect of building the business, there is so much that goes into it and so much to learn!
2. A lot of people are supportive and will cheer you on (others will completely ignore the fact that you have started a business)!
3. It feels even better than I thought it would to give a portion of our profits to animal charities!
4. Little boys (and men) LOVE candles!
5. Kitties are the best coworkers I have ever had!
6. Assholes always have an opinion! Oh wait……. I think that is supposed to be “opinions are like assholes, everyone has one”, right?? :)
7. I am stronger than I ever imagined!
8. Joining a networking group of business owners has been invaluable! Thank you Indie Business Network!
9. To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart! (Sr. Thomas Watson)
These are just some of the things I have learned in my first year of starting a business from scratch. So excited to see what lessons I'll learn in the upcoming year! What are some of your lessons you have learned?